It all started with…
Anna Veronica Ross, a young, independent woman, who decided to try her hand at real estate. During the 1930's Anna and her husband bought, sold, and improved homes on the peninsula. By 1944, Anna had founded AVR Realty. Anna was never known to be shy nor modest and named her company as well as her only daughter after herself. Anna's two children, Anna V. and George, joined the family business in 1946 after serving in the military in World War II. Anna V. started AVR's management department and George ran AVR until 1961. Anna V. took over AVR in 1961. In 1977, Anna V. became the president of the Board of Realtors. Among much resistance and controversy, Anna V. introduced a computer system to the Board of Realtors to replace the old 3-ring binder system. Anna V. had two children, Ross and Gordon Bruce. In 1978, Ross came to work for the family business. Anna V. ran AVR until 1982, when Ross took over as managing broker.
AVR Realty, Inc. has had the same address and phone number since 1944. AVR Realty, Inc. remains a trusted staple in the community and continues to serve the peninsula and it's residents with the utmost care and respect.